The RVI server based application (RVI-SB) is now in testing and will be available soon. This application will run on Windows, Unix, AIX and Linux and IBM i platforms. The MySQL, Oracle, and DB2 databases are supported. You get the user friendly functionality of Real Vision Document imaging in a web-based application.
Some of the features of RVI-SB:
- New Graphical Menu structure that allows you to individualize the menus to meet the individual user or group's specific needs.
- Multiple image systems may be defined for different departments allowing you to individualize indexing structures and authorities to meet your needs.
- Up to 99 indexing fields may be defined for each image system. Prompts can be drop-down lists or pop-up calendars and data formatting is allowed.
- Color documents, black & white documents, spool files and OEM documents are supported.
- View images in a PDF viewer, the RVI PC Viewer, or web viewer.
- From within the workbasket, you may approve documents, add reminders and move documents automatically within your organization, build packages, add notes, continue or change the routing order.
- From the Workflow Analysis inquiry screen, you will see who has which items in their workbasket by department, document type and overdue items.
- Run totals and graph the number of documents as they move through the workflow process.
- Integration to the RVI-SB system can be done through code interfaces using an HTML post, hyperlink or COM object from your application. Can also be done through Screen Scrape.
- Index information may be taken off the screen and passed along with security information and image system designation to have the documents quickly appear for you to work with.
Existing RVI customers on the IBM i platform must upgrade to RVI Complete. No upgrade fee is required for an existing RVI Complete customer.
Pricing is based on the number of documents stored. There are no user fees.
If you are considering a move from the IBM i platform, contact us for more information.